Dear Students, Alumni and Friends,
Some of you might have followed the news and known that our president has extended the stay-at-home order. After careful consideration, and based on guidance from the State of California, the California Department of Education, and the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), we will be closing our school and cancelling all school-related activities as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020 through Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Also, starting April 4, 2020, the city will encourage all people to cover their mouth and nose when in public. If you must go out, please put on a cloth mask or medical mask. This will protect others and yourselves and save lives!
Steps we are taking:
- Classes will be held on our existing online platform, Canvas, on https://qis.instructure.com, starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020 through Friday, April 3, 2020. You will receive separate instructions on how to access classes online via email.
- We are closely monitoring information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal, state and local agencies to help ensure actions we’re taking are in line with the latest CDC recommendations and guidance and the needs to extend school’s closure.
- If you need to talk to Kelly, Shaira or Alvin, please email them by making an appointment.
- Staff is available through email:
- School phone number: (619) 450-2224
- Shaira: [email protected]
- Alvin: [email protected]
– You can also make an appointment via Zoom with Alvin by clicking here.
8. Kelly: [email protected]
Steps you should take:
- Login to Canvas https://qis.instructure.com on time for your scheduled classes!!! Your attendance and grades will be recorded based on the time you login and the duration you stay over the scheduled class time. – It’s important that you maintain your attendance at 80% and grades at 70% for the purpose of your F-1 visa and form I-20.
- Check your email regularly.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or alcohol-based hand sanitizers regularly.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow. If you use a tissue, wash your hands afterwards.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Make sure your health insurance is in effect in case of an emergency. If your health insurance expired and you need to purchase one from the school, please contact Alvin at [email protected] immediately!
Your safety and well-being is our priority. We want you to know that you can continue to rely on us. We thank you for your patience and trust in Q International School. We are here to serve you, and we will be here when you need us.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.
Q International School